Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board
- Held quarterly or as needed
- Caroline County Health and Public Services Building
403 S. Seventh St.
Denton, Maryland 21629
|Hannah Cawley||Member||50% Farming Income||Second||9/22/09||9/22/19|
|Dr. Eric Cheezum||Member||Citizen||Second||9/22/09||9/22/19|
|Scott Kirk||Member||50% Farming Income||Second||9/22/09||9/22/19|
|Edward T. Robinson||Member||50% Farming Income||Second||1/26/10||1/27/19|
Candidates will be gathered with dual efforts of the Board Liaison and the Commissioners Office before submitting names for the Commissioners' approval.
The board shall consist of five members, at least three of whom shall be owner-operators of commercial farms who earn 50% or more of their income from farming.
Term of Office
No member shall serve for more than two consecutive full terms. Appointments to fill a vacancy shall be for the remainder of the unexpired term. Each member shall be appointed for a term of five years.
Charge / Authority
(Maryland Code, Agriculture Article 2 § 504-1)
The board is responsible for completing the following tasks:
- To advise the Commissioners with respect to the establishment of agricultural districts and the approval of purchases of easements within the County by the Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation
- To advise the foundation concerning county priorities for agricultural preservation
- To approve or disapprove an application by the county for certification under § 5-408 of the State Finance and Procurement Article
- To assist the Commissioners in reviewing the status of agricultural districts and land under easement
- To promote preservation of agriculture within the county by offering information and assistance to farmers with respect to establishment of districts and purchase of easements.