Elections, Board of
- 9:30 a.m.
- Second Friday of each month
- Board of Elections Office
Health and Public Services Building
403 S. Seventh St.
Denton, MD 21629
|James M. Bilbrough, II||Democrat||President||First
|Jack M. Keats||Republican||Appointed||Fifth
|Mary R. Davis||Republican||Appointed||First||6/6/18||6/5/19|
|Margaret Ann Thompson||Democrat||Appointed||Fourth||6/6/19||6/6/23|
The board consists of five total members. Members must be registered voters of Caroline County for the five years immediately preceding appointment. Members are appointed by the Governor, with the advice of the respective county-central committees, and confirmed by the House of Delegates.
Term of Office
Member serve a term of four years, beginning on the first Monday in June of each year following a gubernatorial election. An unlimited number of terms may be served.
Charge / Authority(Annotated Code of Maryland, Election Law Article, §2-202(b))
The Caroline County Board of Elections shall complete the following tasks:
- Administer voter registration and absentee voting for nursing homes and assisted living
- Appoint a director to manage the operations and supervise the staff
- Establish and alter the boundaries and number of precincts and provide a suitable polling place for each precinct and assign voters to precincts
- Hear and decide challenges and appeals
- Maintain an office and provide the supplies and equipment necessary for voter registration and election, including: supplies and equipment required by the state board, and office and polling place equipment expenses
- Oversee the conduct of all elections held in its county and ensure that the process is conducted in an open, convenient, and impartial manner
- Provide public notice concerning voter registration and elections