- You are here:
General James F. Fretterd Community Center
|Other Link||Caroline County Recreation & Parks|
The Community Center was formerly the National Guard Armory and currently is the staff headquarters for the Recreation and Parks Department. It includes:
- 3 meeting rooms and 1 conference room
- A gym
- Shared facility parking with St. Luke’s United Methodist Church.
The Community Center is a programming site for county-sponsored services. It is also available for community use for private parties, public events and extended programming.
Facility User Guide and Application (fillable)
COVID Waiver fillable
The grounds of the center also include a Memorial Monument dedicated to Caroline County Veterans and their families. These improvements, and the plaques located inside the first floor lobby, are a result of the private donations generated by the Caroline Veterans Memorial Task Force.
The plaques inside the building honor the members of the 29th Division of the 104 Regiment that deployed from this Armory in 1941 for the Invasion of Normandy in WWII. The second plaque honors those from Caroline County who paid the ultimate sacrifice in WWII; the third recognizes the building’s namesake: the 28th Adjutant General of the Maryland National Guard: LTG (MD) (ret) James F. Fretterd.